EFFECTIVE DATE: April 1, 2015
What Information Does Sunstate Collect About You and Why?
Sunstate may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information Sunstate Collects Directly From You. Certain areas and features of our Site and Services require registration and creation of an account. To register you must provide your name, email address, phone number, and a password. Depending on the nature of your payment arrangements with Sunstate, you may wish or be required to submit a credit application. Sunstate also may collect additional optional information from you, however, you are not required to provide us with this information. If you make a change to a rental commitment or initiate a new commitment, we may request that you provide or confirm your payment information. And of course if you create a profile on our Site to submit your resume to the Sunstate Careers section, that information will be protected in accordance with this policy, and will be used only for the purposes of considering you for one or more openings with Sunstate.
Information Sunstate Collects Automatically. Sunstate may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site, and the following: access time, browser type, domain name, IP address, page views and referring URL. Sunstate also may collect the following information about your use of the Application: mobile device ID; location and language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within the Application; and the length of time that you are logged into our Application. Sunstate may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How Sunstate Uses Your Information
Sunstate uses your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
· To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
· To tailor the content and information that Sunstate may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
· We may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. Sunstate also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
· To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
· To administer our customer loyalty program.
· To process your credit application.
· To verify or authenticate you or your Company.
· To assist us with account collection efforts.
· To review your qualifications for one or more positions with the company.
How Sunstate Shares Your Information
Sunstate may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
· Sunstate Users. Your user name and any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, feedback, reviews, comments, and text may be available to, and searchable by, all registered users of the Site and Services.
· Affiliates. Sunstate may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
· Service Providers. Sunstate may disclose the information collected from you to third party service providers or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
· Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other entity.
· In Response to Legal Process. Sunstate also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
· Aggregate and De-Identified Information. Sunstate may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third Party Ad Network section.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
· Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. Sunstate uses session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
· Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. Sunstate uses persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. Sunstate may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. Sunstate and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
User Generated Content
In the event that we invite you to post content on our Site, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site, all of the information that you post may be available to all registered users on our Site. If you post your own content on our Site or Services, your posting may become public and Sunstate cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. Sunstate is not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of Your Personal Information
Sunstate has implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. Sunstate is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access To Your Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your account dashboard and profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or Application for a period of time.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding Use of Your Personal Information?
Sunstate may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. Sunstate may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. Sunstate will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site, or by contacting you through the email address in your profile.