By visiting the Site, using or downloading the Application, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Sunstate Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
Sunstate may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information Sunstate Collects Directly From You. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Site and Services. To create an account, you must provide your name, email address, phone number, and a password. Depending on the nature of your payment arrangements with Sunstate, you may wish or be required to submit a credit application. Sunstate also may collect additional optional information from you, however, you are not required to provide us with this information. If you make a change to a rental commitment or initiate a new commitment, we may request that you provide or confirm your payment information. If you create a profile on our Site to submit your resume to the Sunstate Careers section, that information will be protected in accordance with our Sunstate Applicant Notice.
Information Sunstate Collects From Other Entities. We may combine the personal information you submit directly through the Site and Services with other personal information we have collected from you and/or your business. We may also combine it with information we receive from other sources, such as data analytics providers, government entities, operating systems and platforms, social networks, publicly available information sources, internet service providers, credit bureaus, collections agencies, and other third parties as described below.
Information Sunstate Collects Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
- domain name;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view on the Site; links you click on the Site; your IP address;
- the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services;
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
- Other web-based information
- mobile device ID; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version;
- language information;
- activities within the Application; and the length of time that you are logged into our App;
- location information. With your permission, we will collect location information from your mobile device to help you identify Sunstate locations in your area and to help us market the Services. You may turn off this feature through the location settings on your mobile device.
Sunstate may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site, and the following: access time, browser type, domain name, IP address, page views and referring URL. Sunstate also may collect the following information about your use of the Application: mobile device ID; location and language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within the Application; and the length of time that you are logged into our Application. Sunstate may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
Sunstate uses your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders and requests, extend you credit, process your payments and provide technical support, and for other customer service purposes.
- To analyze and Improve Services and Operations including to better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, to evaluate and improve our Site, Services and business operations, and to develop new Services; to conduct surveys and other evaluations (such as customer satisfaction surveys); and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that Sunstate may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- To send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site, Application, and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site, Application and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or member satisfaction purposes.
- To process your payment information.
- To verify or authenticate you or your Company.
- To assist us with account collection efforts.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
- To otherwise use your information where we have received your consent or notified you of purposes.
Sunstate may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Affiliates. Sunstate may disclose information to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. Sunstate may disclose information to third party service providers, IT and support services companies, transportation providers, collection agencies, contractors, or other agents who perform functions on our behalf subject to appropriate contractual restrictions or protections.
- Third Parties. Sunstate may disclose information to third parties, such as data analytics providers, social networks, ad networks, internet service providers, credit bureaus, and operating systems and platforms subject to appropriate contractual restrictions or protections.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers.If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we will share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. Sunstate also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. Sunstate also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which Sunstate is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. Sunstate may share aggregate, de-identified, or anonymized information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web and Application pages. Sunstate may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors and Application users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. Sunstate and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third-Party Ad Network section.
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks on the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) at https://optout.aboutads.info. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA site, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. Sunstate is not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Sunstate has implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. Sunstate is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or Application for a period of time.
Sunstate may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
We maintain telephone “do-not-call” and “do-not-mail” lists as mandated by law. We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists as required by law.
We may occasionally send you push notifications or contact you with notices or alerts that may be of interest to you. You may at any time opt out or stop from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device.
Our Site, Application, and Services are not designed for children. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. Sunstate may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. Sunstate will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.
Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. California employees and contractors should refer to our CCPA Worker Privacy Notice, and job applicants should refer to our CCPA Applicant Notice. This section does not address or apply to our handling of publicly available information made lawfully available by state or federal governments or other personal information that is subject to an exemption under the CCPA.
California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, with some exceptions under California law, you have the right to:
- be free from discrimination when exercising your rights,
- request the deletion of your personal information,
- opt-out of the sale of your personal information, and
- request that we disclose information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months including:
- the specific pieces and categories of personal information we collected,
- the categories of sources of the personal information we collected about you,
- our business purpose for collecting or selling the personal information, and
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed or sold.
In order to verify your request and protect your privacy, we may need you to supply additional information.
Instructions. You or your authorized agent can submit your request by calling us at (800) 229-2398 (toll free) or by submitting a request here: https://www.sunstateequip.com/s/support/feedback. In general, we will verify your request and your identity. Please provide your name, address, account number and other pertinent information so that we may match it to information that we maintain about you. Authorized agents will be required to submit additional verification that they are in fact authorized by you to make a deletion request or request the disclosure of information.
Categories of Personal Information. The list below sets out generally the categories of personal information (as defined by the CCPA) about California residents that we collect under this Policy. We may disclose each of these categories of personal information to our service providers, who are not permitted to use your personal information except as necessary for performing services on our behalf. We collect these categories of personal information from the sources described in the “What Information Does Sunstate Collect About You and Why?” section and for the purposes as described above. Our collection, use and disclosure of personal information about a specific California resident will vary depending upon the circumstances and nature of our interactions or relationship with such resident.
Last Updated: July 14, 2020